Self Drive Intinerary
Sightseeing - Local Beaches LETS GO EXPLORING!
North Durras Beach and Depot Beach
- 40-45 minute drive
- Both just five minutes from each other
- Visit the Kangaroos
- 10 minute drive
Bawley Point, Gannet Beach and the Famous Gantry
- Only a 35-minute drive
Pretty Beach in Murramarang National Park
- 10 minutes
South Pacific Heathland Reserve
- 14 hectares Flora and Fauna Reserve
- Enjoy dinner at one of the many restaurants in town
Bushwalks and Lunch
Pointer Gap Lookout
- 40 Minute drive, you can see from St Georges Basin to Termeil
- 493 meters above sea level
Porters Creek Dam
- Just down the road from Pointer Gap Lookout
Granite Falls and George Boyd Lookout and Rainforest Walk
- 40-minute drive from Porters Creek Dam
Tour and Taste - Beer, Wine and Cheese
Eco Bay Wild Dolphin and Whale ECO Cruise
- Drive north for 1 hr 20 mins and discover the breathtaking natural beauty
- Witness the abundant wildlife in their natural habitat whilst exploring the whitest sand in the world.
- The ultimate Jervis Bay Expedition! Bookings are essential and can be booked at reception or phone 02 4441 7002.
Oh what VIEW! Climb to the top of Pigeon House Mountain
Pigeon House Mountain
- Approximately 3kms south of Burrill Lake into the Wheelbarrow Road.
- Travel to the car park and picnic area at the start of the track (approx. 27kms).
- The walk to the top of Pigeon House Mountain and return takes about 4 hours.
- From the top of the mountain there are magnificent panoramic views of the rugged cliffs and gorges carved by the Clyde River and its tributaries. Dominating the view to the north-west are two elongated plateaux of Byangee Walls and The Castle.
- On a good day, coastline stretching from Point Perpendicular in the north to Mount Dromedary in the south can be seen, making the walk a most rewarding experience.